TalkoftheToon
Tim Krul to face Brazil  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
Tim Krul to face Brazil  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
Tim Krul to face Brazil  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tim Krul to face Brazil

Go down

Tim Krul to face Brazil  Empty Tim Krul to face Brazil

Post  Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:11 am

Tim Krul will make his international debut this evening as he has been named as the starting goalkeeper for Holland who take on Brazil in an international friendly match.

Congratulations are in order for the young Dutchman who has risen through the ranks at Newcastle and is on the verge of establishing himself as the number one stopper for Newcastle. For that particular honour he will face a battle upon his return to pre-season training where he must slug it out with Steve Harper and Fraser Forster as the three of them bid to become number one, but that can wait.

For the moment this is Tim Krul’s time in the spotlight. Playing against Brazil is not going to be easy, but it will give him some vital experience that he can hopefully bring back to Newcastle. Krul does have some experience though to be fair, which is why Holland coach Bert Van Marwijk has said that he gave Krul the nod.

“That was the deciding factor for me,” Van Marwijk told FIFA.com. “All three goalies are tremendous talents, but I think Tim has a bit more experience in big games.”

Krul has had his most fruitful season in terms of the first-team for the Newcastle this year having clocked up 25 appearances in all competitions. That is seven more appearances than our current No1 Steve Harper, so I guess you could say that Timmy boy was our main goalkeeper last season.

Granted a lot of that was due to injury to Harper, but I think Krul has benefited from it vastly culminating in what will be his international debut tonight. For me Krul’s season has been a season of two halves. I wasn’t sold on him when he came in for Harper first time around, but the second time round he was infinitely better.

People will instantly recall the goal against Chelsea where he flapped at a cross which resulted in a goal. However, perspective is required as all goalkeepers make errors – it’s just that they get highlighted more. He’ll learn from it though.

Krul is regarded as the successor to recently retired Edwin van der Sar, and he acknowledges the role that the former Manchester United stopper has had on him.

“Edwin said: ‘make sure you play. Doesn’t matter on what level’,” Krul said to FIFA.com. “I played for Falkirk in Scotland and later with Carlisle United. Bad pitches, cold showers and only lunch if you paid for it yourself. That’s how I wanted to become a big boy.”

“I have played big name strikers but my biggest thrill was to play Man United. Haha, against Edwin. He’s so cool. Before and after the game he’d come up to me and support me… I owe a lot to him, you know?”

So from Championship backup to international for Holland in the space of twelve months….. I guess you could say that Timmy boy has done really well for himself.

You’ll no doubt be able to watch the Brazil v Holland game via the internet somewhere, so if you can keep an eye on it and see how Tim does between the sticks for is national team. Let’s face it, Brazil v Holland or Britain’s Got Talent?

Back to top Go down

Tim Krul to face Brazil  Empty Re: Tim Krul to face Brazil

Post  arfa the mag Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:17 am

i would like to watch it but it will have to be a stream as its not on the telly. aye he is doing well our tim. Tim Krul to face Brazil  988534086
arfa the mag
arfa the mag

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:22 am

arfa the mag wrote:i would like to watch it but it will have to be a stream as its not on the telly. aye he is doing well our tim. Tim Krul to face Brazil  988534086

yh he has i think we have 2 of the best keepers in the PL. Well 3 if you include Fraser Forster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down