TalkoftheToon
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans

4 posters

Go down

Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   Empty Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans

Post  1892NUFF Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 am

Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   Article-0-0BDCD86700000578-771_224x385Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   Article-0-0C7052E000000578-595_224x385

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew hopes to offset the departure of captain Kevin Nolan by bringing in West Ham striker Demba Ba and St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi.

Ba, 26, has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for free.

Pardew, who has lined up Bayer Leverkusen’s Switzerland midfielder Tranquillo Barnetta, is also monitoring Cheikh M’Bengue at Toulouse as doubts continue over left back Jose Enrique.

Matuidi has been watched by Arsenal for three years and is rated at £13million by the French side.

Newcastle hope to do a deal for around £8.5m.

1892NUFF
1892NUFF

http://www.talk-of-the-toon.com

Back to top Go down

Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   Empty Re: Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans

Post  arfa the mag Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:43 pm

yes it looks like we will sign some players over the next few days. Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   988534086 Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   988534086 Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   988534086
arfa the mag
arfa the mag

Back to top Go down

Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   Empty Re: Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans

Post  Monstro Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:51 am

Dear Mr Pardew,

With all due respect if you wish to appease this livid fan you're going to have to grow a pair and stand up to Ashley.

Regards

Monstro

Monstro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 am

Monstro wrote:Dear Mr Pardew,

With all due respect if you wish to appease this livid fan you're going to have to grow a pair and stand up to Ashley.

Regards

Monstro

yeah totally agree with you Monstro one hundred per cent , do what Barton is doing get twitter and slag him of on there Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   3920004554 Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   3920004554

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:28 am

In all honesty, I don't think it's about Pardew growing a pair. I think he's identified his targets and plenty of them and obviously many of those targets will come to nothing as we all know.
The fact that we are interested in signing those targets, tells me that at least the club is trying to do what's best for the fans and also to gain another stride in the Prem.

Obviously losing some of our top performers isn't an ideal situation and naturally fans will question it. But if a player believes his future is away from Newcastle, then there's nothing Pardew or anyone else can do.

Obviously there's contract situations as in Nolan that don't meet the approval of both parties but that's always going to happen and we always lose players like Nolan who want a longer contract.

I don't know what went on with Nolan and the club but I would surmise at his age, Nolan wanted maybe a 5 year deal and the club weren't prepared to sanction it, which in all honesty is the right decision, because this club isn't a soft touch any-more and to be able to forage forward in the prem, we cannot be carrying passengers and in a few years Nolan could well be that passenger still sat on a good length of contract and in the comfort zone.

We are still actively seeking out new blood, which in itself is brilliant and should make us a stronger unit in my opinion, no matter who wants out.

No player is bigger than the club and no player "should" be bigger than the manager.

Pardew gets called a puppet by some fans but there's nothing to suggest anything like that, it's just people jumping on the "I hate Mike Ashley" bandwagon that see it that way and everything that goes wrong is Ashleys fault and Pardew the puppets fault.

I believe this club will be far stronger, come the start of the season, players wise and i predict that we will finish in the top 8 minimum at the end of the season.

Yes it's a guess and based on what I believe but I've always been positive and looking from the outside in, I don't see anything for anyone to fret over. Alan Pardew looks to Demba Ba and Blaise Matuidi to appease livid Newcastle fans   2856733358
wolfie
wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post  Monstro Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 am

by wolfie on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:28 pm
In all honesty, I don't think it's about Pardew growing a pair. I think he's identified his targets and plenty of them and obviously many of those targets will come to nothing as we all know.

Exactly, plenty of targets, majority of which are to appease the optimists and give good press, he'll be bidding on Messi next.

The fact that we are interested in signing those targets, tells me that at least the club is trying to do what's best for the fans and also to gain another stride in the Prem.

See above.

Obviously there's contract situations as in Nolan that don't meet the approval of both parties but that's always going to happen and we always lose players like Nolan who want a longer contract.

I don't know what went on with Nolan and the club but I would surmise at his age, Nolan wanted maybe a 5 year deal and the club weren't prepared to sanction it, which in all honesty is the right decision, because this club isn't a soft touch any-more and to be able to forage forward in the prem, we cannot be carrying passengers and in a few years Nolan could well be that passenger still sat on a good length of contract and in the comfort zone.

There are exceptions to every rule, Nolan should be. He's been so much more than people see, standing up in court for Carrol for one, he's been an inspiration to the young blood as well as our top scorer and our team captain (what message does that send out to our youngsters?). Teams, consistent ones, are not built with only youngsters who if all goes according to plan will have a greater resale value than was paid out for them, just look at Gigs, Neville, Scoles, all of whom would've been long gone at this club.

Pardew gets called a puppet by some fans but there's nothing to suggest anything like that, it's just people jumping on the "I hate Mike Ashley" bandwagon that see it that way and everything that goes wrong is Ashleys fault and Pardew the puppets fault.

And I'm one of them, actually I think I'm the only one who's called him that here. Ashley has his plan for this club and how he wants it run financially both on and off the field, there is no way in heaven nor earth that he would give a five and a half year contract to any manager who didn't agree with it or at least agree to work within it's boundaries without coming out to oppose it. I actually agree that this club is more financially stable than it has been in a long time but also think that for the future of this club on the field there needs to some exceptions to Ashley's strict contract negotiation rules.

I've supported this club all my life and will do till the day I die, if you're a Newcastle supporter you've got to be optimistic as the only real track record we've had of late is one of "also rans", just don't let it turn into blind optimism.

Monstro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum