TalkoftheToon

Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
Latest topics
» where is everyone
Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ba proves doubters wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ba proves doubters wrong

Post  1892NUFF on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Newcastle United new boy Demba Ba is pleased to have proved a point to those who snubbed him early on in his career.

The Senegalese striker has taken the scenic route to the top, with a switch to St James' Park coming at the age of 26.

He has gone through four different clubs en route to the North East, with countless setbacks suffered before he took the first step on the professional ladder.

As a teenage hopeful looking to make his way in the game, Ba took in unsuccessful trials at Watford, Barnsley, Swansea City, Lyon and Auxerre.

FC Rouen finally took a gamble on his services and he has not looked back, taking in spells at Mouscron, Hoffenheim and West Ham United before arriving at Newcastle this summer.
Pressure

He has no complaints about the path he has had to tread, though, with his experiences along the way having helped to make him the player he is today.

Ba told the Daily Mirror: "My best quality is that mentally I am very strong. If you are a good, strong player you can thrive on pressure and expectation and rise to the challenge. Football is all about having fun. I will always be happy on a football pitch.

"When I was young and looking for a club, I went to Watford for a couple of months and I learned a hell of a lot. I hoped to get a contract, but it didn't work out. I was upset but I didn't give up. I had always wanted to play in English football.

"I went to Swansea and Barnsley, looking again. I tried to make those clubs take me but they didn't and, after a few months, I had to go back to France. But I never gave up.

"It helps that I have had to work hard to get where I am now at this great club. I have had setbacks. Everything happens in life for a reason, good and bad.

"It has worked out well for me to think I was turned down by Swansea and Barnsley and am now at a club as big as Newcastle."
Healthy

Prior to linking up with West Ham in January, Ba had seen a proposed move to Stoke break down over medical concerns.

He is, however, adamant that the knee problem which caused the Potters to pull out of a deal is not a serious issue.

Ba added: "Stoke was not a good club for me. I do not have any regrets about that. A week later I had signed for West Ham.

"People will talk about my knee all my life. I will prove there is no problem by playing well and scoring goals. Let them talk. I am fit and healthy. Look at the stats from West Ham last season and I did that. I will let my football do the talking."
1892NUFF

View user profile http://www.talk-of-the-toon.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ba proves doubters wrong

Post  wolfie on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:46 am

I like the sound of this lad. Let's hope he can do the business for us up front because he has all the attributes and also he will have the players around him to aid him in scoring for us. One things for sure, we are going to be a quick tempo team when the season starts and we will cause a lot of problems with the pace and trickery we possess.
wolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top