TalkoftheToon
good read. Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
good read. Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
good read. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
good read. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
good read. EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
good read. EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
good read. EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
good read. EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
good read. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
good read. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
good read. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
good read. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

good read.

2 posters

Go down

good read. Empty good read.

Post  arfa the mag Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 pm

arfa the mag
arfa the mag

Back to top Go down

good read. Empty Re: good read.

Post  wolfie Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:47 am

You're right Arfa it is a very good read and spot on in my humble opinion.

I've often seen plenty of comments on message-boards and listened to many a fan in pubs and clubs e.t.c regarding Newcastle United and the views appear to be split between those who think glass half full, those who think glass half empty and those that do actually sit on the fence.
Regarding opinions of those people, I agree that everyone should respect others opinions in one way but I have a hard time respecting someone's opinions when they are always banging on about the negatives of the club and have a really hard time to actually say something positive.

Like has been said, it is everyone's personal opinion but we do share a common interest and that is to see Newcastle do well and to believe they will do well, even when it doesn't appear to be the case at times.

Some fans as far as I'm concerned just want to moan about the club and do not really have a clue why they are doing it.

Some fans will always cite Ashley as being the devil simply because he and Keegan didn't see eye to eye but at the end of the day, Keegan is skin and bone and under employment to do a job and to do it to the best of his ability when he was offered the contract .

The fact that certain things were done behind his back and such, he still had an obligation to the fans but decided the fans didn't count and it was his way of he will choose the highway, which he did, regardless of the constructive dismissal ruling.

I had a lot of time for Keegan first time around but now I have no time at all for him because he done what he set as his trademark and that was to walk away from anything that became out of his comfort zone.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, those fans who wish to crucify the club at every opportunity get no respect from me,even though they are entitled to their opinion because I've seen the very bad times and the bad times and also the average times to the good to the sublime (Keegan's first stint) but never once have i sat back and slaughtered the club at every available opportunity.

I might slag off a player or two for not putting the required effort in but that's only if i can see it's as plain as day that they aren't (Marcelino, Luque) e.t.c which is fair enough because you wear that black and white shirt with pride and want to be part of the set up or you're toast as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, what the lad says in his post is essentially spot on and once a Newcastle fan, always a Newcastle fan, no matter what's in store or what's around the corner.

We all know many fans have had to endure some ridicule at times but that applies to all fans. The key issue here is to all bang the same drum and show a bit of positivity even when things don't appear to show that.

Big your team up like you would big your son and daughter up, if they do well , you tell all and sundry about them and if they don't do so well, you tell all and sundry about how well they are doing, same applies to Newcastle United for me. Very Happy
wolfie
wolfie

Back to top Go down