TalkoftheToon
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle

2 posters

Go down

LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  Empty LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle

Post  1892NUFF Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:57 am

LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  2484428684

KAZENGA LuaLua is counting the days to pre-season – so he can finally get his Newcastle United career back up and running.

LuaLua spent six months on the sidelines after breaking his foot while on loan at Brighton and Hove Albion.

The 20-year-old returned to fitness in the last weeks of the campaign, and made a substitute’s appearance in Newcastle’s penultimate game away to Chelsea.

Having put the injury behind him, LuaLua – who is wanted back at Brighton by Gus Poyet – is keen to impress manager Alan Pardew in pre-season, having been unavailable for much of his tenure.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been playing football – I was out for six months,” LuaLua told the Gazette.

“It’s been a tough season for me, but my injury’s over now, and I’m just looking forward to pre-season.”

LuaLua, brother of former United striker Lomana, was playing well for Brighton when injury struck, and while Poyet could move for the 20-year-old midfielder in the summer, his first priority is to earn a place in Pardew’s squad.

Pardew, while looking to strengthen his midfield this summer, has pledged to give the likes of LuaLua a fair chance in pre-season.

“I had a good time at Brighton, and it was a shame to get injured, especially when I was doing well,” LuaLua went on.

“But these things happen in football, and you’ve got to move on and put them behind you.

“I could have been back earlier, but I had a setback.

“I’m a Newcastle player, and at the moment all I’m focused on is coming back in pre-season and trying to impress the manager.

“He hasn’t seen much of me, and I want to show him what I can do.”

LuaLua also appeared for Newcastle in the Carling Cup away to Accrington Stanley.
1892NUFF
1892NUFF

http://www.talk-of-the-toon.com

Back to top Go down

LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle  Empty Re: LuaLua looking to make an impact at Newcastle

Post  arfa the mag Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:23 am

he is a good player i hope he gets a chance.
arfa the mag
arfa the mag

Back to top Go down