TalkoftheToon
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett

Go down

Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  Empty Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett

Post  1892NUFF Tue May 31, 2011 9:17 am

Newcastle set for a battle over David Hoilett  David-hoilett-778070668

NEWCASTLE face a fight to land reported target David ‘Junior’ Hoilett – after Blackburn boss Steve Kean claimed the Canadian starlet is “desperate” to stay at Ewood Park.

United are understood to be monitoring Hoilett’s situation at Rovers, where his contract runs out in 12 months.

With uncertainty over the future of Joey Barton at St James’ Park, Hoilett – who joined Blackburn aged 12 and scored six goals in the Premier League last season – has been earmarked as a potential replacement, and fits owner Mike Ashley’s template of young, relatively low-cost talent.

However, aware of interest in their “top, top notch” player, Blackburn are keen to tie him down to a long-term deal, and Kean is set to fly to Ontario in the next fortnight to that effect.

Kean said: “I have spoken with Junior and he is now on a family holiday. I will probably go out to Canada in the next couple of weeks to speak to his dad.

“We are hopeful. He is desperate to get something sorted out, he wants to stay, he is playing well and has enjoyed a good run in the team.

“He is enjoying his football and has been a bit of a match-winner for us. I think he has enjoyed the freedom he has had in the final third. He has been allowed to take people on and has caused top players all sorts of problems.

“He can be top, top notch. He can go all the way to being a very, very special player in this league.

“I think he can play anywhere. He can play, left, right, in the hole, out and out as a striker. He can adapt and play anywhere, he is that good.”

1892NUFF
1892NUFF

http://www.talk-of-the-toon.com

Back to top Go down