TalkoftheToon
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]

3 posters

Go down

Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  Empty Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:20 am

http://www.gibfootballshow.co.uk/2011/05/cabaye-bye-yohan-newcastle-bound-midfielder/

Cannot wait to see him and Ben Arfa play together what a comnination

Back to top Go down

Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  Empty Re: Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]

Post  arfa the mag Tue May 31, 2011 1:50 am

i watched the game last night he looks a good player he has to go through a medical it should go off without a hitch, and then he will be ours. Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  3920004554
arfa the mag
arfa the mag

Back to top Go down

Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  Empty Re: Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]

Post  1892NUFF Tue May 31, 2011 1:51 am

arfa the mag wrote:, and then he will be ours. Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  3920004554
you sound like an evil genius with that remark arfa Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2102288745
1892NUFF
1892NUFF

http://www.talk-of-the-toon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:54 am

well i hope it goes off without a hitch. Has he agreed personal terms? that could be another stumbling block

Back to top Go down

Post  arfa the mag Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 am

Geordieboy80 wrote:
arfa the mag wrote:, and then he will be ours. Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  3920004554
you sound like an evil genius with that remark arfa Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  >45

aye thats me. Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  4257372689 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2102288745
arfa the mag
arfa the mag

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Tue May 31, 2011 3:18 am

Well here's the way i see it: If we have done our homework on the lad, which seems a fair bet that we have, i would think we would have an inkling on what his mindset is regarding wages and contract length and such.

I don't think we would be stumped in that department of negotiations to be honest, especially after sounding him out with the scouts.

Naturally it can all go tit's up as we all know but that would take unrealistic wage demands and i can't see him doing that.

I think this lad will have done his own homework on how our club operates and will know that coming here with write me a blank cheque attitude won't be tolerated by this club no more.

He will get a wage to match his ability "in my opinion" and maybe a re-negotiation during his contract if he turns out to be the real deal.

I'm writing this because i'm pretending to be Mike Ashley and thinking, "how would mike think" and " my scouts have this covered"

Very Happy
wolfie
wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post  arfa the mag Tue May 31, 2011 3:31 am

you do know most of the fans dont like wor mike. Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2488262892 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2102288745
arfa the mag
arfa the mag

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Tue May 31, 2011 4:33 am

arfa the mag wrote:you do know most of the fans dont like wor mike. Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2488262892 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2102288745
Yep i sure do Arfa mate, but i like the bloke because i genuinely believe we have an owner who operates with his head rather than his heart.

I'll explain:

Sir John Hall ran this club from the heart and wanted what the fans wanted and gave them what they wanted, which at the time was fantastic but he soon realised that it couldn't be forever sustained.

Freddie Shepherd was similar in terms of his love for the club as a fan but much more reckless in the way he always tried to appease the fans and buy success on the drip.

Mike Ashley, isn't what you can regard as a true Newcastle United fan, he is first and foremost a businessman, who happens to have a soft spot for the club and decided to try his hand.

As we know, he was a complete novice when he arrived and had to enlist the help of people with what he believed possessed the football know how to run this club.

What he didn't bank on was "many things" that can go wrong and bad advice as well as many other things pertaining to the financial side, which we all know about so i won't go into that lol.

Anyway, the one thing that he totally didn't bank on was "the fans" and how they can crucify you if you get it wrong and will crucify you until you get it right.

Mike Ashley is under no illusions now as to what the fans want.. but he's also not stupid either and he will give the fans what they want, it just won't be in the time-scale that many fans want it in.

He knows the mistakes he made and he also knows it was a big, big mistake appointing Keegan "now" although hind-sight is a wonderful thing isn't it.

Anyway, i know the fans are more towards the dislike than the like with him and that's fine, i don't have a problem with anyone who dislikes him but i will argue my opinions on why i think he's good for the club and also debate with others on their thoughts.

Naturally these type of debates can get a bit heated but as long as they're done without ridiculing others thoughts then it's a healthy debate "in my opinion".

Anyway, back to Ashley. Personally i honestly believe that from what he has learned about this club and the fans and the city as a whole, i believe he has the blueprint to push this club "solidly" forward for years and years to come based on clever financial management "now" and the fact that he's not a man that is anyone's fool.

Of course, this is only my views and my way of seeing things and i don't want or expect anyone to follow it based on what i say but i'd love to hear peoples genuine heart-felt views on how they actually see things.

Before i end this, i'd just like to clarify a few things.

Firstly, Sir John Hall gave us Keegan and Keegan gave us probably the most entertaining team ever, so in that respect, i'm in no way having a pop at the pair of them in that respect.

This is where naivety comes into play with anybody though if you sort of read between the lines so to speak.

Take Sir John Hall: His vision was to have a TEAM of Geordies and although it's easier said than done, it was "naive" to say it when you consider that he allowed Keegan to dismantle, the very thing that could produce that team of Geordies.

Do you get my drift?

We had a great team under Keegan and he was a Hero and Sir John Hall walked on water and rightly so at the time because why should we as fans think any different when we see on the pitch, what we all dreamed of.

The problem at that time was. It could not be sustained in terms of simply buying players to suit a cause without the revenue to back it up, even though we all believed Sir John Hall had replenishing money reserves.

At the time, very few clubs could compete against us "money wise" and it gave us a head start in the fast track climb the ladder stakes and as we know, all good things come to an end when you can't quite keep to that level due to having to tighten the purse strings and then realising that you don't even have any up and coming youngsters to bail you out.

So what happens?

Your Manager walks out and you struggle along until you get another Manager who is given enough money to afford "HAS BEENS"

Anyway i think you get the gist of what i'm saying. Now all i'm saying "now" is, whether you like Ashley or not, you have to at least afford him the time and the patience to do it his way and believe that what he's doing is for the good of the club and not for the good of "just" his pocket.

This summer should give everyone a good insight into where this club is headed and that's what we should use as a yardstick in determining how Ashley is shaping this club on "his" terms and we have to go along with it regardless because we love the club and he owns it.

Fact is, it's better to look at things in an optimistic frame of mind that sit back and worry about what's going to happen in the future when it's not even written yet, unless of course, some people are prophets lol.

Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 OPTIMISM Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358 Pic of our new recruit to the toon army [Nearly]  2856733358
wolfie
wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down