TalkoftheToon
Carlos Alberto hails Richards Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
Carlos Alberto hails Richards Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
Carlos Alberto hails Richards EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Carlos Alberto hails Richards

Go down

Carlos Alberto hails Richards Empty Carlos Alberto hails Richards

Post  Fruity Fri May 06, 2011 5:12 am

Brazilian legend Carlos Alberto has named Micah Richards as the somewhat unlikely saviour of English football.

The Manchester City defender has struggled to hold down a first-team place at club level, and has taken over four years to accumulate 12 senior international caps.

However Carlos Alberto, who played right-back for the great 1970 World Cup-winning Brazilian side, believes the 22-year-old is a special talent.

He said: "I look a lot at my position and at Micah Richards. You see, in my position, right-back, I think I was the first attacking right-back, the first attacking full-back in the world, just because I had the physical condition so that it felt possible to go attack, defend, attack, defend - no problem.

"I watched Richards from his England debut at 17. This was impressive, as he was marking Arjen Robben. Robben didn't get past Richards, and I've seen in the Premier League twice before with Thierry Henry - Richards accelerated past him, and he was frightened to see such a talent at 17.

"He is only 22 and has the experience and knows what he wants and where he wants to go. He reminds me a little bit of myself. He can play with the ball well. I know his original position was midfield.

"To me, possibilities for him to become captain of the English national team seem a very obvious path for such a player. But to become the best in his position in the world would only fulfil the promise I saw in him as a 17-year old.

"Talent and ability like that is rare and I've seen football across the world. He even went out of the national team and has not complained or made noise, he is just concentrating on playing well for his club. And this is the best.

"This one's future is very bright."
Eurosport
Fruity
Fruity

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum