TalkoftheToon
Blue is the colour for Modric Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TalkoftheToon
Blue is the colour for Modric Toon-1
Welcome to Talk of the Toon, if you are a member then log in and get talking about the Toon, if your not then get signed up and join us!
TalkoftheToon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» where is everyone
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm by geordie696

» David Ginola hurt in ski accident
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am by 1892NUFF

» Cool Cisse felt no pressure
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am by Fruity

» Taylor in clear, Best out for weeks
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am by Fruity

» Did he or Didn't he?
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 am by Fruity

» Nice to see you back up running
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am by Fruity

» Netherlands keeper Tim Krul happy at Newcastle United
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am by 1892NUFF

» Newcastle push to get pair out of Africa
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm by 1892NUFF

» Team news: Coloccini could miss Brighton trip
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm by 1892NUFF

» Pardew ponders delving into Championship pool
Blue is the colour for Modric EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am by 1892NUFF

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Blue is the colour for Modric

2 posters

Go down

Blue is the colour for Modric Empty Blue is the colour for Modric

Post  1892NUFF Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Blue is the colour for Modric 9k=

LUKA MODRIC has stunned Tottenham by declaring: I want to join Chelsea.

Spurs are determined to hang on to the Croatian playmaker despite firm interest from both the Blues and Premier League champions Manchester United.

But Modric has made it clear he will ask club chairman Daniel Levy to sanction a move to Stamford Bridge.

The 25-year-old midfielder said: "If somebody comes to the club and the offer is good for me and acceptable to them, then I want to leave.

"Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.

"I want to stay in London as I am very happy here and so are my family."

Modric was in stunning form last season as Spurs made their debut in the Champions League.

It appeared United were in the driving seat to sign him with Alex Ferguson keen to add some creativity to his midfield.

But Chelsea stole a march on Fergie by making an official £22million bid and Modric has paved the way for Roman Abramovich to raise the stakes after the initial offer was rejected.

He added: "I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there but now it is right for me to look at another club.

"I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer.

"I won't ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I hope they can reach an agreement that is satisfactory for everyone.

"I don't want to have an argument with Tottenham. The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club.

"But it is for football that players leave clubs and move. It has happened to Tottenham before.

"It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club."

Despite Modric's desire to quit White Hart Lane, Levy maintains none of Tottenham's stars will be sold.

He said: "I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer.

"We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.

"In respect of Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea or any other club.

"We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public.

"For the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations with any club regarding Modric.

"We now consider this matter closed."

1892NUFF
1892NUFF

http://www.talk-of-the-toon.com

Back to top Go down

Blue is the colour for Modric Empty Re: Blue is the colour for Modric

Post  Monstro Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:20 pm

"I won't ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful."

PMSL, would also cost you a shed load of cash!!!!!

Monstro

Back to top Go down